PAYMENTSfn Conference Grows to Become a Payments Community
Offers Educational, Networking, and Engagement Resources to Payments Professionals
DURHAM, NC — September 29, 2020 — PAYMENTSfn, an industry community by and for payment professionals, and Spreedly, the software company that accelerates global commerce by offering a secure and flexible platform that welcomes all payments participants, today announced the incredible growth and success of this payments industry resource. The PAYMENTSfn Conference has grown over 20x since its first event held in 2018 — and has now extended its mission to be a more comprehensive community for payments professionals.
Designed to be an educational resource for those who work in or are interested in payments, the community is comprised of over two thousand payments professionals. Membership to the community is free.
PAYMENTSfn was originally founded in 2018 as a once yearly, in-person payments conference. After pivoting to a virtual event in 2020, the PAYMENTSfn operating team took the opportunity to grow the foundation of the organization to serve as a collaborative, community resource for payments professionals.
“Taking our original in-person event virtual in 2020 offered the perfect setting for researching and ultimately offering all of the new ways to engage for our community’s members,” explained Lani Simeona, PAYMENTSfn Community Manager. “It’s just snowballed from there as more professionals have joined and began contributing. We’re excited to be in the position to be able to facilitate this community-first resource.”
Today the PAYMENTSfn Community offers its members:
- Access to the PAYMENTSfn community Slack group where participants discuss the latest trends in payments, payments career opportunities, and network with those in the industry
- Event participation including the most recent PAYMENTSfn Fireside Chat series where payments professionals share real life learnings and experiences. Upcoming sessions will include presentations by the payments teams at Netflix and The Washington Post’s Arc Publishing. Recently published presentations include:
- How Retailer Arc'teryx Solved for 3DS (Andy Badke from Arc'teryx and Daniel Pelegero from RPGC)
- Avoiding Legacy Code Issues and Improving Customer Experience (Joel Taylor from TaskRabbit and Kevin Mooney from Bandcamp)
- Retaining Long-Term Customers (Rhiannon Davies from Loyalzoo and Clay Hefner from Spreedly)
- Attendance to a series of ongoing educational events including the annual PAYMENTSfn Conference.
Membership to the PAYMENTSfn Community can be requested at https://www.paymentsfn.com/join-the-paymentsfn-community
The premier industry resource for and by payments professionals, PAYMENTSfn offers educational resources for those that work in or interested in payments. The community is comprised of thousands of payments professionals in a variety of roles from C-suite and senior leadership, product management, development, engineering, and consulting. Membership to the community is free. The Community was founded by Spreedly, a software company that accelerates global commerce by offering a secure and flexible platform that welcomes all payments participants.
We orchestrate payments for the world’s most innovative businesses. Global enterprises and hyper-growth companies grow their digital business faster by relying on our payments platform. Hundreds of customers worldwide secure card data in our PCI-compliant vault and use tokenized card data to enable and optimize nearly $14 billion of annual transaction volumes with any payment service. Spreedly is headquartered in downtown Durham, NC.