Using Spreedly and Stripe Connect
Today, SaaS and eCommerce platforms face a dilemma. Go with a single payment provider for elegance and easy on-boarding but risk losing new business already with a preferred payment solution. Or support a wide range of payment gateways and maximize global reach. Now, Spreedly + Stripe Connect allows customers to do both. Stripe Connect provides an integrated, easy on-boarding solution for new customers without a payment provider and Spreedly has the widest range of existing gateways.
For this to work, you’ll need a Stripe Connect account and a Spreedly account. Stripe have outlined the Stripe Connect account creation process here in their own documentation.
How it Works:
- You will integrate to Spreedly for capturing card data on your site (you’ll use our iFrame)
- Spreedly will be the location that stores and tokenizes credit cards. You can also vault at Stripe too, but that’s not a requirement for using the two services
- You’ll integrate to Stripe’s API around Stripe Connect to provision marketplace merchant accounts on your platform
- You’ll integrate to Spreedly to pass in Stripe Connect credentials created when you provision a new Stripe merchant account in your marketplace.
- Your non Stripe customers will input their gateway specific credentials into a UI on your site. Then you’ll make an API call to Spreedly to provision their gateway specific merchant account within your marketplace.
- A production Spreedly account: You can get started with a free developer account, and then create your API credentials.
- Your Stripe Connect account will need a special one time approval to work with Spreedly. Stripe prefers you to log in and contact them directly via their support form so they can confirm you own the account.
- View Spreedly’s Stripe documentation page to learn more.
With more than a quarter billion dollars in payments processed between our shared customers, Spreedly and Stripe are leading the future of payments.Current Stripe Customers
Click Here to Get Started